The Importance of Properly Maintaining Commercial Garage Doors
Commercial garage doors are designed specifically to offer maximum security. Commonly made with steel, they are sturdier, stronger, and more secure than residential garage doors. Your commercial garage doors protect not only your property but also your livelihood. Your business couldn’t operate without some kind of commercial door whether it’s high speed or aluminum garage doors, rolling security gates, rolling steel garage doors, or man doors. Keeping them in safe working order protects you, your business, and your customers.
Commercial garage doors can experience problems and even create safety hazards when they are not taken care of properly. These are some common problems that commercial garage doors experience:
- Damaged or Broken Tracks – Gaps between the rollers and the tracks keep the door from operating evenly and closing completely.
- Electrical Issues – Failure of the door to open or close could be a problem with the power supply.
- Cable and Spring Damage – If torsion springs break, you won’t be able to open the door from a closed position and if it is open at the time, the door could fall dangerously.
- Damaged Panels – A damaged panel could pose a security risk.
- Wear and Tear on the Rollers – The rollers can experience heavy wear or if they aren’t regularly cleaned, it can be hard for them to operate smoothly.
Addressing these issues early through the use of a preventative maintenance program is key. Keeping your commercial garage doors in good working order is essential to:
- Keep Your Business Open – Unexpected closures drive customers away.
- Save Money – Fixing small problems before they lead to bigger ones can save you money.
- Protect You from Liability – A broken or malfunctioning door can be a danger to customers and employees.
- Protect Your Business – Make sure your business is protected against theft, burglary, or other crimes.
The biggest reason for performing commercial door maintenance is your peace of mind. The assurance that your property, employees, and customers are safe goes a long way toward making your business successful for the future. Thomas V. Giel Garage Doors, Inc., offers a commercial garage door maintenance program that can help you find and fix problems before they progress. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.