What Does Your Front Door Say About You?
Your front door Pittsburgh is one of the first things that people see when they come to your home. That being the case, it’s also creating the first impression that people will have of your home. Do you know what your front door is saying about you? Here is a guide to help you decipher what message your front door is sending.
Front Door Color
The color of your front door says a lot about you and your personality. While you might personally like the look of the traditional, stark white door, visitors coming to your home might think you are kind of boring, or just don’t care about first impressions. Add some color and tell your visitors a little more about the people inside.
- Red: A red front door is a good indication that those inside are full of energy and passion.
- Brown: Brown doors are typically associated with a desire for privacy and a message of warmth. Therefore, a brown door typically sends a confusing message to visitors about what message homeowners are trying to convey.
- Blue: Blue is the most popular color choice for a front door, as it conveys a message that the home is a serene sanctuary.
- Green: Green is a peaceful color that is often associated with earthiness.
- Black: A black door symbolizes strength and sophistication.
The Condition of the Door
The overall condition of your door will also send a message to visitors. Doors that are in disrepair, breaking and need to be replaced, may be inviting burglars. Doors that are well kept, and in good condition will send the message that you take pride in your home and you care about protecting what is inside.
Finally, the style and decorative features on your front door Pittsburgh will send a message saying something about the occupants who live there. Ornate decorations are seen as being a connection to a busy personality of those who live there. Whereas, a simple door, painted a solid, traditional color, will demonstrate that occupants are traditional in their style and décor.
As you can see there are many subtle messages that your front door is sending about you, your home, and your family. If you are in need of an upgrade or if you need to replace a broken door, contact Thomas V. Giel Garage Doors today.